How Students Get To and From School Safely Each Day
- Students who live close to school may walk
- Parents may drive students to school
- Students who live over a mile from school may ride a school bus or take public transportation. School buses are free.
Students Riding a School Bus
If your child rides a school bus you must know:
- The school bus number
- The time and place your student gets on the bus
- The time and place your student gets off the bus
Students are eligible for bus services for a single round-trip (home to school & school to home) when:
- Student’s legal residence is located within the legal boundary of the Cincinnati Public School District.
- Distance between the student's legal residence and the school of attendance, is:
- A minimum of 1 mile for elementary students
- A minimum of 1 ¼ miles for high school students
- Student is enrolled in grades from kindergarten to 12th.
- Student lives within that school's attendance area.*
- It takes less than 30 minutes to travel directly from the student's assigned neighborhood school to the school of attendance.
- Student has not been suspended as a result of inappropriate behavior.
*Any bus service offered beyond this may be considered when it can be done safely and efficiently.
*Students with special needs who are assigned by the Department of Student Services to schools other than their neighborhood schools shall be considered within the assigned schools’ transportation service areas.