How to Enroll

What does Enroll or Enrollment means: Signing up or registering for school. Giving papers and documents to the school so your student is added to the list.

If you need assistance with student enrollment, contact ELL Staff

Neighborhood or Magnet School Enrollment

  • Go to the school to enroll your student
  • You must be the parent or legal guardian. A legal guardian must present proper papers (custody given by court or an accredited agency)
  • Bring the following papers to the school:
    • Student Registration Information Packet. The 6-page packet is available from the school or can be printed from Cincinnati Public School Website (CPS) (available in English, Spanish, French or Arabic).  The packet includes a Home Language Survey. ALL CPS students enrolled are asked these questions:
      • What was this student’s first language if not English?
      • What language does this student most frequently speak?
      • What language is spoken by adults in the home?
    • One paper showing proof of residency. (Tuition is charged for students who live out-side of the district).
  • Documentation of legal name and age. The accepted documents include ANY one of the following:
  • Birth certificate
  • Baptismal records
  • I-20/green card
  • Passport
  • I-94 or paperwork showing refugee status
  • Health Record
  • Final Report Card – if coming from another school
  • Proof of Kindergarten Attendance - if entering first grade

Magnet School Enrollment

No applications will be accepted, and no waiting lists will be created before the start of the official application cycle. Parents must go to the school to put in an application.

Additional information on magnet school enrollment

If you need assistance with student enrollment contact the ELL staff