The Internet can Help Students Improve English Skills
There are many excellent websites that can help your child with English proficiency and school work. Here are a few examples of some good websites for young children:
- Fact Monster - A website with lots of facts and information about all kinds of subjects...try the HOMEWORK HELP section when your child needs help with their homework assignments.
- PBS Kids -Check out PBS Kids for colorful games, fun facts and to see some favorite public television characters...Arthur, Dragon Tales, Sagwa and more!
- Wacky Web Tales - Your child can write his own story or “Wacky Web Tale” by filling in the blanks. It’s fun for the whole family. http://www.eduplace.com/tales/
Television can Help Students Succeed in School and Learn English
Television can help with English and learning. However, you need to guide your student’s television watching.
Look for TV shows that:
- Teach something
- Hold his interest
- Encourage her to listen and question
- Help him learn more words
- Make her feel good about herself
- Introduce him to new ideas and things
Educational TV shows for young children:
- Sesame Street
- Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
- Blue's Clues
- Between the Lions
- Reading Rainbow
- Barney & Friends
- Other good children's programs are available on public television stations and on cable channels such as:
- Disney Channel